DUDLEY GROUP NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of healthcare services, located in the heart of Black Country, England. The Trust provides hospital as well as adult community services to a population of around 450,000 across Dudley, significant parts of the Sandwell borough, few communities in South Staffordshire and Wyre Forest. The Dudley Group is also the first Trust in the area to be awarded coveted Foundation Trust status in 2008.
The service sites of the Trusts are:
• Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley
• Corbett Outpatient Centre, Stourbridge
• Guest Outpatient Centre, Dudley
• Brierley Hill Health and Social Care Centre, Brierley Hill
• Stourbridge Health and Social Care Centre, Stourbridge
• Halesowen Health Centre, Halesowen
The Trust also provides specialist adult community-based care in patients' homes and more than 40 centres in the Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council community.
Hospitals of the Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust are among some of the most technologically advanced in England, where ultra-modern equipment and purpose-built buildings combine to create the highest standards of patient care.
KNOW THE LOCATION
Dudley is located 8.9 km southeast of Wolverhampton and 13 km northwest of Birmingham, in the county of West Midlands, England. It is the largest market town as well as the administrative centre of the county. The borough council named Dudley the capital of the Black Country in the year 2014.
• Rail: Dudley Port and Tipton are the two railway stations in Dudley. Both stations provide services between Walsall and Wolverhampton. There is a train every half hour between Monday and Saturday. However, on Sundays, there is typically one train per hour only between Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
• Road: Dudley has main roads which lead you to neighbouring towns directly. The bus station is located in the town centre and has many connections to neighbouring towns and cities, including Birmingham, Halesowen, Smethwick, Stourbridge, Walsall, West Bromwich, and Wolverhampton. The National Express coach services are also available at the bus station, mostly to and from London or Wolverhampton.
• Air: The international airport near Dudley is Birmingham Airport, which is around 19 miles (31 km) to the east. The adjacent local airport is Wolverhampton Airport, located about 10 miles (16 km) to the west of the town.
Dudley has several options for primary, secondary, and special schools. The further education institution in the town is Dudley College of Technology, which was established in 1862. The University of Wolverhampton one of the major universities nearby. The university has 18,875 students and offers over 380 undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Dudley has several options for leisure. The town has several movie theatres, museums and galleries, eateries, zoo and other entertainment as well as leisure spots.
Why should you choose Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust?
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust provides excellent benefits to its staff, which include:
• Access to training, education and career development opportunities
• Staff will be enrolled on one of the best pension schemes in the country
• Generous leave entitlements include annual leaves, maternity/ paternity leaves, etc.
• Flexible employment options to maintain work-life balance
• Promotion of wellbeing of the staff by providing a state-of-the-art gymnasium
• Opportunities for promotion
• Access to childcare and carer benefits and arrangements
• Occupational Health services
• Catering and restaurant facilities
• Discounts at major retailers and local businesses
• Chaplaincy services.